activities for elderly
Our Thursday Day Care Drop-In Club has supported on average forty-five people each week throughout the year.
This is our core service, customised to meet the needs of individuals.
Our team of five AdvantAGE Support Volunteers and four Trustees provide:
• One to one advocacy support, providing help with form-filling, access to services, booking health appointments, resolving disputes with utility suppliers.
• Emotional support to members who have experienced bereavement or are dealing with emotional difficulties arising from isolation and loneliness. A friendly chat, a listening ear and comforting words are something are dedicated volunteers provide sensitively.
• Monthly chair exercises and therapies, such as hand and shoulder massage, reflexology, etc. to relieve discomfort.
• At Lunch Club, a hot two-course lunch, prepared on the premises using fresh ingredients and providing a balance of vegetables, meat, and fruit is served. Dietary requirements are catered for.
• Arts, Crafts and Games, creative and life writing, bingo, quizzes and sing-a-long sessions are held each week after lunch from 1.30pm to 2.30pm, when afternoon tea is served before the session.